The weekend of the 16th / 17th April. With a 100km marathon planned for the Monday. The guys from Mackay are organising it at Rydges but would be happy to get help from down here.
Some notes from Mackay.
- Flyweight Division – The flyweights will be 14 years and under although we may make exceptions for genuine novice competitors.
- The idea is to give the beginners a fair go without having to mix it up with more seasoned racers.
- 100km Marathon – We are looking at running 5km north and 5km south of the resort, if the wind allows us, which would give us a 20km lap. This may change if the beach is soft in some areas.
- If some of your guys would like to have a practice run and plot a course, that would help also.
- Spare Parts for Marathon – Most of us are looking at carrying a couple of spares like a wheel,axle, tyre/tube and pump, tools, whip etc.
- The rules state that there should be no loose items in the kart but we can run a closable backpack attached to the top,rear of the seat, over the whip post and strapped to the lower axle tube.
- We found some backpacks at Kmart up here for $4.50 and they hold a spare wheel with steel axle plus a fibre glass axle and whip easily. You may want to check if any of your guys need any extra spare bits before the event.
You can download a copy of the Entry Form here.
I’ll post more details as they come to hand.